At Bose we believe that your interaction with us should result in extraordinary and lasting experiences. For that to happen, it is important to establish and maintain your trust. Ensuring that you understand how Personal Information is obtained and used is important to us.
For the purposes of this policy, Bose means Bose European Management Services BV, with registered offices in Nijverheidstraat 8, 1135 GE Edam, The Netherlands.
- Personal Information: By "Personal Information" we mean any information relating to you and by which you can be identified directly (e.g. your name) or indirectly (e.g. your IP address which we collect when you purchase a product online).
- How we collect your Personal Information: The following is an overview of some of the means by which we may obtain Personal Information:
- Purchases on the Bose website
- Other online interactions (competition and prize draw entries, surveys, etc.)
- Phone, mail and Bose store purchases
- Product registration cards
- Other interactions in Bose shops or via telephone (competition and prize draw entries, surveys, etc.)
- Bose music shows/events
- Bose store music theatre tickets
- What Personal Information we collect online/offline: For a detailed description of what type of information we obtain at each point of contact (online or offline), we invite you to examine our complete online or offline privacy policies. The topics addressed are outlined on the left side of this page.
- How we use your Personal Information: In general, the Personal Information will be used for the following purposes:
- Processing your orders, answering your questions on Bose products and services, or providing you with technical updates on our products and services in different areas, such as fulfillment of an order or billing.
- Carrying out market studies on the basis of aggregate (not personally identifiable) information in order to improve our products and services. Such market studies may be carried out with the help of external partners processing these data on behalf of Bose.
- Analyzing your Personal Information including your personal preferences in order to provide you with personalized marketing information on Bose products, services and promotions, as well as on products and services of partners of Bose selected on the basis of personal preferences, hobbies and interests.
You will receive this information by email, sms, over the phone or by personalized mail only if you have asked to receive such messages from Bose and its commercial partners. You will receive adequate information on our partners at the time we collect your data.
Bose may append additional data received from third parties to your Personal Information for analysis and marketing purposes.
- Establishing statistics on your use of the website, for marketing and analysis, in order to improve our website and our offers.
- Transferring your Personal Information to third parties for the purposes set out below.
- Transfers to third parties: It may be necessary to transfer your Personal Information (name, address, tel. number, e-mail, preferences, interest) to companies associated with Bose or its agents, in order for them to carry out order research, purchase processing, analysis and marketing on behalf of Bose. Such companies (data processors) could be situated in the United States or another country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), where the legal rules on protection of private life in respect of Personal Information of the consumer differ from those in force in the European Union. If so, Bose will take all necessary measures to ensure that your personal data is nevertheless adequately protected. Bose would use the same precautions if your data were to be transferred to marketing partners located outside the EEA in order to provide you with mailings about Bose or third party products and services that may appeal to your specific interests, hobbies and activities.
In case of a change of control at Bose, we reserve the right to transfer your Personal Information to any company which would take over any control over Bose's activities. Please be also advised that Bose may have to disclose specific information to third parties (courts, administrative bodies, etc.) if required by law.
- How to communicate your preferences or to exercise your rights to have your Personal Information rectified, blocked or deleted: At the time you provide your Personal Information to Bose (for example, at the time of purchase), you can express your marketing preferences in respect of the Personal Information (mailing address, e-mail address, phone number) you share with us. Check boxes on the website or on the offline document whereby your Personal Information is collected allow you to opt-in or opt-out of receiving updates on our products and services or on the product and services of our commercial partners. If Bose has used your data after receiving this information from another company to which you provided your data, you will be able to express your preference at the time Bose contacts you. You can then always contact Bose and ask that your information will not be used for direct marketing purposes.
Contact us either by phone on 0808 1688 572, by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by post to Bose ltd., Bose House, Quayside, Chatham Maritime, Chatham, Kent ME4 4QZ, to update your Customer Communications preferences or if you want to exercise your rights to access your data and/or have any information we hold about you rectified, blocked or deleted if no longer necessary.
- Changes to the Policy. This policy may be revised from time to time. We will post changes on this website and inform you via e-mail or mail. If you do not object to such a change within 14 days upon receipt of our information, the new policy will apply. We highlight the effects of no-replies in our communication. In case of objection to the new policy, the old terms shall stay in place.