For Windows PC and Mac users:
Bose Solo 5 TV sound system
Sold from 2016 – present
Setup and Use
Product guides and manuals
- A computer is needed to download the update information. To retrieve this information, first power off and unplug your Bose® Solo 5 TV sound system.
- Connect an available USB thumb drive to your computer. Make sure to remove all files from the USB.
- Click on the “DOWNLOAD NOW” button below to download the (Solo5.mdu) software file.
- Save the (Solo5.mdu) software file to your USB drive.
- Remove the USB drive from your computer and return to your Bose® Solo 5 TV sound system to perform the update.
- Insert the USB drive into the connector labelled “Service”.
- Plug in your Bose® Solo 5 TV sound system. The update will start automatically and the light will briefly flash amber every few seconds.
- The update will take a few seconds to complete. The light on the Bose® Solo 5 TV sound system will continue to blink. When the update is finished, the light will flash green.
- Once the light is flashing green, remove your USB drive from your Bose® Solo 5 TV sound system. The system will return to normal operation once the USB drive is removed and the system is powered on.
Service and Repairs
At Bose, we’re dedicated to better sound and better service. Our goal is to provide you with exceptional service for your Bose products and systems. If you experience a problem with your Bose product at any time, we’re ready to help.
Do you need help with your product?
For additional assistance with your product, please contact us.
For the best possible service, please have your product nearby.