Bose Limited Warranty Policy
Terms and Conditions for products purchased in Europe.
1 Ambley Green, Gillingham Business Park
Gillingham, Kent ME8 0NJ
What is covered
All parts defective in material and workmanship. This limited warranty for BOSE® products covers the functionality of the speakers or systems for their normal, intended use as specified in the Owner's Guide and does not cover a malfunction that has resulted from improper or unreasonable use or maintenance, accident, excess moisture, improper packing, lightning, power surges, or unauthorised tampering, alteration or modification while not under the control of Bose. BOSE® speakers and systems are not designed to be used in every environment, so please review your Owner's Guide.
For how long
The BOSE® Limited Warranty lasts two years from the purchase date for electronic products, home cinema and integrated systems, and powered speaker components, and five years for speaker components that are not self-powered (amplified). The Videowave® entertainment systems and the 131® environmental speakers have a three year Limited Warranty. Powered component speakers have a two year Limited Warranty term for the electronics and five years for the speakers. The Aviation headsets have a five year Limited Warranty. Please see your Owner's Guide for details. For the Limited Warranty on professional products, please refer to your Owner's Guide.
- Extended Statutory Warranties (where applicable):
Products purchased in the European Union, Switzerland, and Norway have a minimum warranty term of two years. For countries where minimum warranty terms are determined by statute, the warranty term is the longer of the statutory period or the term listed above.
What we will do
We will repair or replace any defective parts within a reasonable period of time and free of charge.
How you can obtain warranty service
1. You can ship the product to either a Bose Service Agency or to Bose directly with a proof of purchase from an authorised dealer.
- If you originally bought your product directly from Bose then contact us. If you bought from an authorised dealer please contact the store you purchased from in the first instance.
- If troubleshooting cannot resolve the issue, Bose or your authorised dealer will arrange transport back to Bose and supply you with a returns reference number. This reference number should be prominently displayed on the outside of the box, and noted on any paperwork inside.
- If you are responsible for packing the product for shipping, you must ensure that you use a strong cardboard box and that you use sufficient packaging. We suggest that you use at least 5cm of packaging to fully surround products weighing less than 5kg and 10cm of packaging for products over 5kg.
- We aim to repair all products within two weeks, subject to availability of parts, and will never charge you for a repair outside the warranty period without fully informing you first
2. You can return the product with proof of purchase from an authorised dealer to a Bose Service Agency or directly to Bose. Proof of purchase is not required where it is excluded by statute.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC RIGHTS SUBJECT TO SPECIFIED CONDITIONS. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH APPLY TO THE PRODUCT YOU HAVE ACQUIRED. THESE LEGAL RIGHTS VARY FROM STATE TO STATE OR COUNTRY TO COUNTRY. SOME PLACES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED RIGHTS OR THEIR EFFECT. IN THOSE SITUATIONS THIS LIMITED WARRANTY WILL ONLY APPLY TO THE EXTENT THAT THE APPLICABLE LAW ALLOWS. OTHER LAWS PROVIDE YOU WITH A STATUTORY CLAIM AGAINST THE SELLER.
The laws of your state or country may provide you with legal claims against the seller or manufacturer of this product. The Limited Warranty does not affect those rights.
The provisions of this limited warranty are in lieu of any other warranties or conditions, except those provided by law. This Limited Warranty does not affect any legal rights provided to you by law and does not preclude any legal remedy you may have under the law.
This Limited Warranty is fully transferable provided that the current owner furnishes the original proof of purchase from an authorised Bose dealer.
In countries where liability limits are not precluded by statute, the maximum liability of Bose shall not exceed the actual purchase price paid by you for the product. In countries where limitations on liability are precluded by law, Bose shall be liable for no more than the direct damages for bodily injury, and/or real or personal property arising from the negligence of Bose.
Where not prohibited by law, Bose shall not be liable for special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages. Some places do not allow limitations on the exclusion or limitation of relief, special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages, or the limitation of liability to specified amounts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
This Limited Warranty is void if the label bearing the serial number has been removed or defaced.
There is no legal obligation on your part to provide personal information. However, such information allows us to maintain a record of the BOSE® sound products acquired by you and better understand the purchasers of our products. The information collected will be used for marketing purposes by Bose and, where permitted, to contact you either in relation to the products you have acquired or other products which might be of interest from Bose or other companies. The information that you provide may be processed in another country.