Please refer to your Bose® owner's guide for more specific product information. Your owner's guide can help you solve problems with less time and effort.
System does not function at all:
- Make sure all power connectors, cords and plugs are inserted securely and that the outlets are in good working order
- Be sure to select an audio source (CD, AM/FM, etc.)
- For powered systems, unplug the power pack for a few seconds, and then reconnect it. This allows the unit to reset itself after a power surge or power interruption.
- Increase the volume.
- Press the MUTE button on your music centre or remote control to unmute the sound.
- Check the connections to any external components.
- Be sure to select the correct source (CD, AM/FM, etc.) for the desired input.
- Unplug the system’s power pack for a few seconds, and then reconnect it. This allows the unit to reset itself after a power surge or power interruption.
- Check the speaker and Acoustimass® module (if applicable) connections.
- Disconnect any headphones.
- Connect the FM and AM antennas, if applicable.
Sound is distorted:
- Make sure the speaker cables are not damaged and the connections are secure.
- Reduce the output level from any external components connected to the receiver or Lifestyle® music centre or CD changer.
No tape, CD, VCR or TV sound:
- Check the connections.
- Make sure the component is turned on.
- Refer to the component’s owner’s guide.
CD does not play:
- Check to see whether there is a disc in the player, label-side up.
- There may be dust or dirt on the CD or the CD may be defective. Try another disc.
- Verify that the disc in the player is a CD, not a DVD. The Wave® radio/CD, Acoustic Wave® music system and some Lifestyle® systems cannot play a DVD.
Remote control works inconsistently or does not work:
- Check the batteries and their polarity (+ and –).
- Operate the remote control closer to the system.
- Move the remote a few feet to avoid an area of "dead spots."
Unit turns on and off by itself or behaves erratically:
- Change the house code setting to prevent signals from conflicting with another nearby Lifestyle® system. Please refer to your owner’s guide for instructions.
Not enough or too much emphasis on low notes:
- Move the Acoustimass® module closer to a wall or corner to emphasise low notes. Move it further from a wall or corner to de-emphasise low notes.