The Easiest Way to Stream Music at Home Adds Little SoundTouch 10 Speaker, Instant Listening through Bluetooth, Full Multi-Room Capability, and Upcoming Spotify® Integration
21 October 2015 -- With millions of people streaming music every day, Bose ushers in a new era for playing it all at home with its next-generation SoundTouch wireless music systems. Now, every SoundTouch system -- including the new little SoundTouch 10 speaker -- all have Bluetooth and Wi-Fi built in for the best of both worlds, perfect for instant music and multi-room listening. With Bluetooth, you can stream any song, playlist, music service, and YouTube video directly from your phone or tablet. With Wi-Fi, you can broadcast it to as many SoundTouch speakers you have, or use the intuitive SoundTouch app to explore integrated music services, set personalised presets, and enjoy different music in different rooms.
“SoundTouch has always been about the experience -- what listening to streaming music at home should be like,” said John Roselli, general manager of Bose Wireless Speakers. “We engineered everything around that simple idea. So, SoundTouch systems are easier to use than anything else available, they sound incredible, and now they let you listen to anything from your phone or tablet in as many rooms as you want. There’s nothing else like it, and the SoundTouch 10 is a great way to get started.”
The SoundTouch® family of products is the most comprehensive in the industry, and today it welcomes the new SoundTouch 10 speaker. It’s ideal on its own, you can add more over time, or mix and match with other SoundTouch systems. The SoundTouch 10 speaker joins the new SoundTouch 20 and 30 Series III speakers, new SoundTouch soundbars, and new SoundTouch home cinema systems. They’re all friendly and compatible, they all talk to each other through walls and ceilings, and now they all include Bluetooth® and Wi-Fi®.
• The new SoundTouch 10 wireless speaker measures just 21.2 high x 14.1 width x 8.7 cm deep. It combines Bose’s digital signal processing with the new Unidome transducer, a 2.5" powerhouse that produces the highest excursion for any transducer of its size in Bose history. The resulting performance is remarkable. The SoundTouch 10 plays cleaner, deeper, and louder than any single speaker of its stature.
• The new SoundTouch 20 and 30 Series III speakers are the updated big brothers to the SoundTouch 10 speaker. The SoundTouch 30 Series III is Bose’s best-performing one-piece solution, and the SoundTouch 20 Series III delivers rich, room-filling sound from a more compact enclosure.
• New SoundTouch soundbars and home cinema systems are also available, including two soundbars, the SoundTouch 120 and 130 systems; a 2.1 system, the SoundTouch 220 home cinema system and a 5.1 system, the SoundTouch 520 home cinema system. They’re all immersive for movies and TV and double as wireless music systems.
SoundTouch takes you outside, too. A new, more efficient SoundTouch SA-5 amplifier powers weatherproof speakers for patios, balconies, and backyards.
SoundTouch® systems are effortless -- the easiest, most versatile home wireless music systems available today. With Bluetooth®, they connect directly to your phone or tablet right out of the box. And with Wi-Fi®, they’ll send whatever’s playing to multiple SoundTouch speakers at long range.
SoundTouch also has the world’s most popular music services built in -- Spotify®, and Deezer -- each accessible through the intuitive SoundTouch app. With just a few taps, the SoundTouch app turns your phone or tablet into a powerful controller, letting you listen to the same music everywhere, or different music in different rooms. But there’s even more freedom with SoundTouch systems. The app lets you set six personalised presets to any music service playlist, artist or internet radio station, and change them whenever you want. Each time you do, every SoundTouch speaker in your home remembers them automatically -- so when you don’t want to use the app, you don’t have to. Just press a corresponding button on the SoundTouch speaker or the included remote, and with that one touch, your music starts playing -- no phone needed. Charge it, text, take a call, turn it off, or never take it out. Filling the room with your tracks takes a second, as fast and simple as turning on a light.
Through new 802.11n dual-band Wi-Fi, the SoundTouch connection is stronger and more reliable with less interference and drop-outs. The addition of 5 GHz compatibility also offers a better streaming option in crowded environments like apartment buildings in the city.
Early next year, Bose will offer features to make SoundTouch® systems the best way to listen to Spotify® at home.
• SoundTouch systems will have new in-app integration with Spotify alongside Spotify Connect. From the SoundTouch app you’ll be able to search for any song, album, artist, or playlist from Spotify or Spotify users. And from the Spotify app, you’ll control SoundTouch systems directly. Switching from the SoundTouch app to the Spotify app is seamless; you’ll pick up wherever you left off.
• The new ReadySet with Spotify feature will also be available on Bose.com with any SoundTouch system purchase. With ReadySet, you can use your existing Spotify account or sign-up for one, pre-load SoundTouch presets with Spotify playlists, and have your SoundTouch speaker arrive customized, programmed, and ready-to-go.
“The home is one of the places where we want to deliver music fans innovative experiences,” said Jorge Espinel, VP, Global Business Development at Spotify. “This partnership with Bose enables us to provide users with a ready-to-use music experience in the home, which blends Spotify's favourite features and playlists with Bose's innovative technology and incredible sound quality.”
“SoundTouch systems are a great example of what we care about,” said Roselli. “We obsess over the big and little details that no one else has, and that includes our integration of Spotify. With SoundTouch, you’ll be able to play it through Bluetooth, from our app or theirs, or at the touch of a button. And that gives the millions of Spotify users all over the world more flexibility and control than they’ve ever had before.”
The retail recommended price of the new Bose® SoundTouch® 10 wireless music system is £169.95, and the new SoundTouch 20 Series III system and SoundTouch 30 Series III systems are available for £349.95 and £499.95, respectively. Bose SoundTouch soundbars and home cinema systems are available starting at the recommended retail price of £1000. All new SoundTouch systems are sold at Bose.co.uk, select authorised Bose resellers and Bose retail stores. Early next year, in-app Spotify® integration will be included in new systems and available to existing SoundTouch customers via a free software upgrade. For the full line of SoundTouch systems and prices, visit Bose.co.uk.
Bose Corporation was founded in 1964 by Dr. Amar G. Bose, then a professor of electrical engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Today, the company is driven by its founding principles, investing in long-term research with one fundamental goal: to develop new technologies with real customer benefits. Bose® innovations have spanned decades and industries, creating and transforming categories in audio and beyond. Bose products for the home, in the car, on the go and in public spaces have become iconic, changing the way people listen to music.
Bose Corporation is privately held. The company’s spirit of invention, passion for excellence, and commitment to extraordinary experiences can be found around the world - everywhere Bose does business.
Wi-Fi is a registered mark of the Wi-Fi Alliance. The Bluetooth® word mark is a registered trademark owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such mark by Bose Corporation is under license. Deezer is a registered trademark of Blogmusik SAS. Spotify is a registered trademark of Spotify AB. Apple is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Music services may vary by country. YouTube is a trademark of Google, Inc.