Your headphones will not connect to your device while charging. If your headphones are not charging and still not connecting to your device, here are a few things to try:
Reset your headphones:
- Power the headphones off and wait 30 seconds
- Plug the headphones into a USB power supply using a USB cable and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into a working socket)
- Unplug the USB cable from the headphones and wait 1 minute
- Turn the headphones on and test to see if they work properly
Clear the headphones’ pairing list:
- Power off the headphones
- Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared”.
- Remove your headphones from your device’s Bluetooth list. This is typically done by selecting your headphones in the device’s Settings > Bluetooth list and selecting “Forget”, “Unpair” or “Remove”.
- Your headphones are now “Ready to pair” with your device. Go to your device’s Bluetooth settings and select your headphones as a new device
Turn Bluetooth off and then on again
Toggle Aeroplane mode on and then off
Reboot your device
“Forget”, “Unpair” or “Remove” your headphones from your device’s Bluetooth list and then connect them again
If connecting to a Windows computer, you may see two different icons in the device pairing list (a device icon and a headphone icon). Make sure you select the headphone icon