Connecting a Wave SoundLink Adapter
The Wave SoundLink adapter accessory can be connected to compatible Wave systems to offer wireless connectivity and audio playback from a computer with your Wave system.
To connect the Wave SoundLink Adapter to an Acoustic Wave Music System II
- If your system software is 01.xx.xx or earlier, insert the included software disc. For more info, see Checking the software or firmware version
- Connect the cable attached to the SoundLink adapter to the Bose link input on the back of the Acoustic Wave system
- Place the adapter in a convenient location. It does not need to be within view but if it is to left of your system (as you face it), leave at least 2 inches (5 cm) between it and the system to reduce AM radio interference
- If your system DOM (date of manufacture) is earlier than 9316, you'll need to connect the DC power adapter to the SoundLink adapter. Systems with a DOM of 9316 or later do not need the power adapter. For more info, see Serial number location
- On the SoundLink remote, press the SoundLink/CD button so the system display shows SOUNDLINK CONNECTING DISCOVERABLE
Tip: If NO SIGNAL appears, see "NO SIGNAL – PRESS PLAY TO CONNECT" message displayed
- Lift the antenna on the SoundLink USB key to the vertical position
- Connect the USB key to an available USB input on the computer: The light on the key should begin blinking
- Wait for the computer to detect the device and install drivers, if needed: When the light on the USB key glows steadily and a tone is heard from your Wave system, it's connected.
Tip: If the light glows solid but no sound is heard, see Selecting a sound playback device on a computer.